Friday, November 15, 2013

"I Never Would Have Believed!": A Student Reflects on His NDC Experience


L to R: Yasmeen Sahira, Pro, Dave Forecki, and Dajana Stanic, Pro
  
Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Greenfield, WI, would like to thank Dave Forecki for representing the studio so well at his first National Comp! Dave made the Greenfield studio extremely proud when he won the Top Bronze Showcase Male award with his number, “I Wanna Be Evil”. What a great job, Dave!! 

“There are experiences that remain forever in your memory, says Dave. "After receiving a free dance lesson to Fred Astaire Studio from a wedding expo which I attended with my son and his fiancĂ©e a year and a half ago, I never would have believed I would be competing at a National Dance Competition, much less winning ‘Top Bronze Showcase Male’. 

"The grandeur and splendor I viewed, the grace and talent I observed, the comradery and support I received from the instructors and students from my region and the confidence I developed are some tangibles I experienced at the NDC in Orlando which will be the impetus for me to become a better dancer. It is an experience that is truly life shaping. As one of my instructors said, it's like a regional competition —on steroids!” 


Dave performed at  NDC with Greenfield Pros Yasmeen Sahira (to Dave's right)
and May Lee (to his left). The trio is shown here with Luann Pulliam
 and Joe Trovato

No comments: